Test Bank for Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach, 11th Edition, Barbara Acello, ISBN-10: 1133132375, ISBN-13: 9781133132370
You are buying Test Bank. A Test Bank is collection of test questions tailored to the contents of an individual text book. Test bank may contains the following types of questions: multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, matching, essay/short answer, and free-response questions. Please download sample for your confidential.
Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION TO NURSING ASSISTING.
1. Community Health Care.
2. On the Job: Being a Nursing Assistant.
3. Consumer Rights and Responsibilities in Health Care.
4. Ethical and Legal Issues Affecting the Nursing Assistant.
SECTION 2: SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES.
5. Medical Terminology and Body Organization.
6. Classification of Disease.
SECTION 3: BASIC HUMAN NEEDS AND COMMUNICATION.
7. Communication Skills.
8. Observation, Reporting, and Documentation.
9. Meeting Basic Human Needs.
10. Comfort, Pain, Rest, and Sleep.
11. Developing Cultural Sensitivity.
SECTION 4: INFECTION AND INFECTION CONTROL.
13. Infection Control.
SECTION 5: SAFETY AND MOBILITY.
14. Environmental and Nursing Assistant Safety.
15. Patient Safety and Positioning.
16. The Patient’s Mobility: Transfer Skills.
17. The Patient’s Mobility: Ambulation.
SECTION 6: MEASURING AND RECORDING VITAL SIGNS, HEIGHT, AND WEIGHT.
18. Body Temperature.
19. Pulse and Respiration.
20. Blood Pressure.
21. Measuring Height and Weight.
SECTION 7: PATIENT CARE AND COMFORT MEASURES.
22. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge.
24. Patient Bathing.
25. General Comfort Measures.
SECTION 8: PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITION AND FLUID BALANCE.
26. Nutritional Needs and Diet Modifications.
SECTION 9: SPECIAL CARE PROCEDURES.
27. Warm and Cold Applications.
28. Assisting with the Physical Examination.
29. The Surgical Patient.
30. Caring for the Emotionally Stressed Patient.
31. Caring for the Bariatric Patient.
32. Death and Dying.
SECTION 10: OTHER HEALTH CARE SETTINGS.
33. Care of the Elderly and Chronically Ill.
34. The Organization of Home Care: Trends in Health Care.
35. The Nursing Assistant in Home Care.
36. Subacute Care.
37. Alternative, Complementary, and Integrative Approaches to Patient Care.
SECTION 11: BODY SYSTEMS, COMMON DISORDERS, AND RELATED CARE PROCEDURES.
38. Integumentary System.
39. Respiratory System.
40. Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System.
41. Musculoskeletal System.
42. Endocrine System.
43. Nervous System.
44. Gastrointestinal System.
45. Urinary System.
46. Reproductive System.
47. Care of the Patient with Cancer.
SECTION 12: EXPANDED ROLE OF THE NURSING ASSISTANT.
48. Rehabilitation and Restorative Services.
49. Obstetrical Patient and Neonate.
50. Pediatric Patients.
SECTION 13: MOVING FORWARD.
51. Response to Basic Emergencies
52. Employement Opportunities and Career Growth.